How to setup your client
I have started a new modded playthrough focusing on Industrial era Wales with the aim to create rail lines and trains in the style of that era. Tier 2 and 3 subscribers are able to join this on a limited basis to help with building towns based on the theme to connect these rail lines to. Tier 2 and 3 subs will be encouraged to split into groups and travel 500-1000 blocks away and build small towns themed around the time, which I will then be building rail lines to. At some point in the future I hope to make it possible for Tier 1 subs to join but this would require the help of a hosting company.
The following are the instructions for setting up the client and there is also a gallery to see what we have built so far.
Installing using the Twitch Launcher
1. Download the Modpack profile
2. Open Twitch Launcher, and click ‘mods’, then ‘Minecraft’, then ‘Create Custom Profile’
3. Click ‘import’ in the Create Profile window and select the modpack from wherever you saved it.
4. Once installed, click on the image for the pack. Then, click the cog icon in the top right and open Profile Options.
5. Untick “use system memory settings”. Set this to above 4GB. If you have less than 8GB of RAM in your PC, the modpack is unlikely to run well if at all.
6. Launch the game and then head to Settings in the main menu and then Resource Packs. Enable all the packs and hit ‘Done’. This may take a few minutes to apply as they are large packs.
7. Once this is done you should be good to join the server!